José Abílio Oliveira Matos ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> > I didn't try myself (my toolchain is not setup yet), I heard that LyX
> > support for DocBook is not complete, so it means that I'd have to write in
> > some XML editor and then try to import the XML source in LyX via DB2LyX.
>
>   What this means is there are places where you should use lots of ERT (Evil
> Red Text :-), that is the equivalent when you use latex in lyx-latex
> documents.

And what about using LyX as DocBook (XML) authoring tool?

> > Is it realistic to see this feature soon?
>
>   That seems to be one of our goals, so that any help is welcome. :-)

If LyX format become XML-like, then it would be possible to have XSLT for
transforming into other XML-like formats.

As it was stated on developer's thread - tbookd is very interesting project
which has DocBook output and it even uses xindy - indispensable tool for those
working with non-English documents.

Sincerely,
Gour