Les Denham wrote:
On Monday 28 October 2002 1349 pm, Darren Freeman wrote:

I have a document that is confidential, and I will export it when
finished into postscript.

I would then like to take the postscript and either put black boxes over
the confidential stuff or remove it. But what remains must be
pixel-accurate compared to the uncencored version - if possible.

The Gimp -- but it would be rather fiddly if you have a lot of black boxes to put in.
You can then achieve your censoring effect by changing the background colour of the text to black while still in LyX (though of course this wouldn't work if you're distributing the .ps file rather than a printout, since anyone with a text editor could read the file directly). The only workaround I could think of in that case would be to convert it into some impenetrable binary format (even PDF is convertable to text, though the average non-UNIX, non-DTP professional probably won't know this).

The problem with editing the .ps file is that unless you use a fixed-width font, it's virtually impossible to calculate the exact length of your blank. I said "virtually" - it depends on how much of yur life you want to spend learning PostScript.

Robin

--
"A free man ought not to learn anything under duress.
Compulsory physical exercise does no harm to the body,

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University
Ankara 06533