>> menu, > > I get always inch symbols when I press shift-2.

Marcus> I solved the problem myself.

Marcus> Step1: Disable the keymapping stuff (this causes the strangest
Marcus> problems) in the LyX config menu. Step2: "run setxkbmap
Marcus> -layout de" at the end of
Marcus> "\cygwin\usr\local\share\lyx\etc\startlyx.bat". Step3: Restart
Marcus> LyX with startlyx.bat.

Marcus> I guess the keymapping stuff (*.kmap) is experimental. Right?

No, it is old and falling apart. I think that nobody knows anymore how
it works :)

JMarc