Christian Ridderström wrote:
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Jeroen Vriesman wrote:

Hi!

How do I change the spacing above and below when I use 'Quote', when I look in the command reference I just see that you can begin and end a quote.

The question seems stupid, but I cannot find the answer myself, sorry.

Cheers,
Jeroen.

What about Layout->Paragraph and then change vertical spacing above and below the paragraph?

/Christian

That would work, but if you want all your quote environments to behave the same way, you could try something in the preamble using \topsep (which sets the space above the first item in a list and below the last item). This might do what you want:

\renewenvironment{quote}{\setlength{\topsep}{2\baselineskip}}

The "2" here can be replaced by any number (as a multiple of the baselineskip for whatever document class you are using).

Robin

--
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University