Hi,

An "upgrade" to Win XP triggered a chain of events that forced me to
reinstall LyX 1.2.1.  The problem is that the View menu does not give me
any viewing options.  It starts with the "Update ->" submenu item (which
does not expand when clicked -- logical, there's nothing yet to update),
then the usual bottom four entries (LaTeX logfile, Table of Contents,
etc.).  Running reconfigure didn't help.  lyX seems to be able to find my
LaTeX installation (fpTeX) ok; the configuration inventory from the help
menu is correct.  I used Edit | Preferences to set windvi as my DVI viewer,
Ghostscript as my Postscript viewer and Acrobat as my PDF viewer, so
shouldn't I be getting those choices on the View menu??

Any advice gratefully accepted.

-- Paul

Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone:    (517) 432-3509
Department of Management                       Fax:      (517) 432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management    E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University                      http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE