Helge Hafting wrote:
Agree with #1 and #2.  #3 is probably easy enough to do,
but I'd rather want the ability to put graphichs in the caption too.

Soemtimes a small graphich is used as text, such as
company logos and similiar.  I use that in sections sometimes,
it'd be nice if it worked in captions too.
I'm not sure I agree with you.

I think that graphics in captions is a little like graphics in headings/titles: something that should, in general, be discouraged.
In any case, I don't think this something that LyX should allow directly.

In general a word-processor has to give the user a lot of flexibility so that unusual things can be done. But this same flexibility makes the UI complicated and encourages the naive user to create chaos.

Because LyX is more restrictive, it can (in theory) have a relatively clean and simple UI. If users want to do unusal things, then they can drop down to a lower level (LaTeX/TeX).

If you want to insert a graphic in a caption, I think this would best be achieved using an ERT (TeX box). The only downside to this is that LyX will not render it.

XOX DOM