Hi.. I'm guessing someone's asked this before but anyways - is there any
plan to have a Windows version of LyX, i.e. a native Win version (so
that one doesn't need Cygwin and an X server).. reason I ask is I made a
presentation on LyX (actually, more of a demo) in my department here and
a LOT of people were really interested.. but many of them were deterred
by the long installation procedure (ofcourse, the comparison of this
install was with double-clicking an exe file to do the install).. so
I've been more or less trying to do demos of Cygwin, X and LyX installs
on computers in the labs... it would be really nice to have a pure
windows version but I guess the amount of work involved is not trivial
at all..

Thanks,
nirmal