? wrote:
so i just recently switched from redhat to debian woody, i'm running 1.1.6
and i almost got everything working agian.

but still not spell checker.  i installed ispell and aspell.  but there's
not /usr/lib/ispell like the faq says there should be.  what do i do first
to get this running?
I am running Lyx 1.1.6fix4 on Debian Woody 3.0 and spellcheck works fine. It sounds like the problem is with ispell. I ran 'whereis ispell' and got this output:

ispell: /usr/bin/ispell /usr/lib/ispell /usr/share/man/man1/ispell.1.gz /usr/share/man/man5/ispell.5.gz

Try re-installing ispell. As root enter 'apt-get remove ispell', or 'apt-get --purge remove ispell' which also removes ispell's configuration files.

Make a note of packages that will be removed so that you can reinstall them if necessary. In my case:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
abiword abiword-common abiword-gtk iamerican ibritish ispell
libpspell-ispell1

Procede, then re-install ispell using 'apt-get install ispell'.

In Lyx, check 'Edit > preferences.. > Spell checker' settings.

Hth

Chris.

--
: ___ Chris Lale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :