[posted and mailed]

Uwe,

Interesting, I don't have M-c-f in any of my .bind files, but it works on
my system.  Do you know which file contains M-c-f (or M-z-f in a German
LyX)?  Or is it hard-coded into LyX itself?

Regarding bold Roman-style Greek letters (which somehow seems to be an
oxymoron), there's a tip posted at http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/
~voss/lyx/mathstuff/mathmode.phtml#bold_2.  It looks rather painful if
you need more than one or two letters.  I can't say I've ever tried to
get upright ("Roman-style"?) Greek myself.  I think that there is a
package named "upgreek" at CTAN that will do it, but never having used it
myself, I don't know how upgreek would work in conjunction with ambsy, or
whether upgreek includes bold versions of upright lowercase Greek
letters.

Incidentally, there is another package (bm.sty) that comes with the LaTeX
"tools" macros (macros/latex/required/tools).  You include it in the
preamble and use \bm{...} in place of \boldsymbol{...}.  It does not seem
to include upright bold lowercase Greek, but if you have a way to get
upright lowercase Greek, perhaps wrapping \bm{} around that would do the
job?

-- Paul

Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
000b01c2b8d2$2e3f0480$fe78a8c0@uwe2:">news:000b01c2b8d2$2e3f0480$fe78a8c0@uwe2: