On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 11:30, Herbert Voss wrote:
> Kirk R. Wythers schrieb:
> > 1) There are several instances where I have inserted the degree
> > centegrade symbol with the textcomp package. In each case there is a
> > single space after the "tex code"\textcelsius, however, upon printing
> > the space after the symbol appears lost (i.e. the degreeC symbol runs
> > right into the next word). And of course I can't type a second space in
> > between.
>
> \textcelsius{} or behind \textcelsius a ctrl-space

that works... thanks

> > 2) I have 5 regular tables placed in floats, and named with labeled so
> > that I can insert cross references in to the document. However, when I
> > print (or view dvi) my tables get numbered 1,3,5,6,7, not 1,2,3,4,5.
> > What up with that? I also have 3 figures, but they are numbered
> > correctly 1,2,3.,
>
> I suppose that you have a longtable as the second one.
they are regular tables... they used to be long tables, but I switched
them to regular tables by inserting a new regular table, then copying
and pasting...

--
Kirk R. Wythers                         email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Minnesota                 tel: 612.625.2261