Hi,

I discovered something odd in LyX 1.2.3 (Win32 port, running on
Cygwin/Win XP).  I have a trivial document set to use US letter size
paper (8.5 in. by 11 in.) with one inch margins all around.  I've tried
both article and AMS article class, and the anomaly appears in both.

When I view the document, WinDVI generates a number of identical log
messages:

special not handled: papersize=614.28833pt,794.96765pt

The messages are harmless but annoying.  Now if I go to the document
layout menu, change paper size from US letter to default and back to US
letter (without saving or viewing the document in between), then preview
again, the log messages do not recur.

I exported to LaTeX before and after "waggling" the paper size, and found
the following change.

Initial:

%% LyX 1.2 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[11pt,english]{article}
\usepackage{pslatex}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{verbose,letterpaper,tmargin=1in,bmargin=1in,lmargin=
1in,rmargin=1in}

Áfter waggling the paper size:
%% LyX 1.2 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[11pt,letterpaper,english]{article}
\usepackage{pslatex}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}

Notice that the paper size argument has moved up to the document class
declaration, and the geometry package is now not being loaded (even
though LyX still shows the margins being set at one inch on all sides).

I haven't tested to see if the margins are incorrect after a waggle.  I
never saw this behavior in earlier versions of LyX.

-- Paul

Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone:    (517) 432-3509
Department of Management                       Fax:      (517) 432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management    E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University                      http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE