On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 06:03:32AM -0800, Max Bian wrote:
> I first tried the tetex package distributed with cygwin. I works on
> small files. If I throw my thesis on it, it just won't go. The errors
> are something like "tex capacity exceeded....".

This is often some mis-use of a macro and not due to a real limitation.
(although there are plenty stupid hard coded limits in TeX)

> Can anyone give me advice on which one I should fix?  Should I fix the
> tetex package comes with cygwin? If so, how do I fix that error: "tex
> capacity exceeded....".  If the other one is better, anyone had
> experience with that pfTex?

teTeX is not bad, I've never used pfTeX, so _I_ would try to fix teTeX.

Or your doc. Whatever is broken ;-)

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. (T. Jefferson)