On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Owen Lucas wrote:

> Hi I like the look and feel of xforms so are trying to install the new
> xforms 1.0. Try as I might I have been unable to get this to install the
> way lyx wants it. I first tryed building it from xforms-1.0-release.tgz
> This seemed to work fine but lyx didnt like it for some reason??
> I followed your exelent instructions on getting this to install word for
> word and all went ok up to the command

Hi

I only wanted to let you know that it _is_ possible to compile both qt
and xforms under RH7.3. Unfortunately, my notes on it:

        http://ev-en.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LyXCompile

seem to mostly be for the cvs-version, but I know that I compiled it from
the tar-ball (and not the RPM's since I'm not root).

The only real tip I can give you is to really check that it's using the
right version of forms.h (i.e. no old 0.89-version or so).

Other than that, I'd consider extracting the tar-ball and trying it again
from scratch.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr