Hi vsharma

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, vsharma wrote:

> HI
> I am trying to use the chemical formula SO4=/COO= with the 4 as subscript
> and the equal sign (I tried -2 as well) as superscript in a tabular cell
> but i get errors.

Same to me here , using LyX 1.2.0 on Linux. It seems that the ^ key is not
properly handled in tabular !???

>   Is there some way to do it.
> I have tried Math mode and using the super and subscript functions from
> Insert - special character and i get the same errors

THIS seems to work here : insert->special character works OK

> The formatting outside the tabular cell works fine when i see it in DVi
> thanks

Copy and paste from outside works too.

Only the ^ key seems to behave differently in tabular.

Hope this helps
        Alain

 *        Alain Castera                                            *
 * IPNL - UCB Lyon 1             | e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
 * Bat. Paul Dirac               |      or        [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
 * Campus de la Doua             | Telephone :     (+33) 472448429 *
 * F69622 Villeurbanne CEDEX     | Fax :           (+33) 472448004 *