>>Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:23:10 -0700
>>From: Nirmal Govind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Re: missing bibliography! - VERY WEIRD
>>
>>I did some more experimentation... when I do a View -> DVI (with all
>>the files in the directory deleted except the lyx file), I don't get the
>>references or citations as I mentioned in the earlier mail.. but if I do
>>a View-> HTML, it shows all the references and everything's fine.. and
>>after this if I do a View-> DVI, all the references are back again! So
>>it looks it's using whatever auxiliary files View -> HTML generated..
>>also noticed that during the HTML generation I get the following
>>warnings:
>>
>>Warning: No implementation found for option: `american' for `article'
>>package
[snip]

>> *** preamble done ***
>>
>>I have all of these packages installed and kpsewhich can find them
>>(wscsetup is a local sty file provided by the organizers).. any idea
>>what's going on here? I really hope someone knows what's going on since
>>I have to submit this paper by Friday! Any help would be greatly
>>appreciated!

They claim to be warning: they simply mean that there does not exist
a converter file in the styles dir, here
/usr/local/share/lib/latex2html/styles/
Most of the layout stuff does not mean
anything in html, so I ignore these most of the time, the
commands in html.sty allow to deal separately with typography
and WWW layout from the latex source.

There is a TEMPLATE.perl in the dir, seems dedicated to language
conversion, but I guess you may write any converter with a minimum
perl knowledge if you need it e.g. for your local .sty.

--
Jean-Pierre