I am trying to get LyX to work with pdfscreen.

My focus is on simply displaying PDF versions of existing LyX articles
with all
the pdfscreen bells and whistles (colour, Navigation panel, background
images, etc)
rather than on specifically slide related features.

By eliminating all images from the sample documents
and also eliminating all \overlay{....} statements, I have
got Lyx working with Dekel's sample files and I can modify documents
and redisplay them OK.

I am not concerned about this yet. It is probably because the image
files do not
have .ps versions. I will experiment with this later.

When I try the View PDF option, there is a series of (apparently
harmless
error messages:
 step: Counter does not exist: lyxnewslide
 step: Counter does not exist: lyxnewslidex
Again I am not concerned about this. (I have not used the slide option
in the LyX
file )

Now a question. The exported .tex file has a document class of article.
The LyX document class pulldown shows only the option: slides(pdfscreen)

I had rather expected to see article(pdfscreen).

Is this the expected behaviour? If not, what should I do.

John O'Gorman