Hi all,

I'm not subscribed to lyx-dev and I just have already too many email lists. But I saw a discussion about lyx-qt 1.3.2 segfaulting under redhat, and I figured I'd add a bit of info in case it helps the developers.

Platform: RedHat 8.0, KDE 3.1, Qt 3.1. Lyx 1.3.2, using the Lyx.org supplied rpms.

Crash mode: start new document, press Alt-I-S (insert special character). The 'Special' menu entry does NOT get highlighted, as it should. Now, press right arrow. Lyx crashes.

I tried it under gdb, and when lyx dies, everything seems to lock up, including the window manager. But there's a way to recover: type Ctrl-Alt-F1, log into a text terminal, and kill the gdb process by hand. Then type Alt-F7 to go back to X. The system is now unfrozen.

The following is a screen copy of the gdb output:

[~]> gdb lyx
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2.1-4)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/lyx
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 17855)]

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 17855)]
0x40317212 in QPopupMenu::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*) () from /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
(gdb) Killed

lyx: SIGHUP signal caught
Bye.
[~]> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

This crash is 100% reproducible.

I hope this is of some use.

Best,

f.