Hello list,

When I go into format-> Document -> Language and set it to English, wouldn't
it be nice if the spell checker knew automatically to switch to English? Cos
the way it works right now, I have to go into preferences and tell the spell
checker that it's English, but then when I close the file, and I open it
again tomorrow for example, I have to do the same thing again, because the
default language preference is French.

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a feature request.

I got Lyx 1.3.2, qt frontend, on RH9. using aspell-0.33.7.1

Oh, one more thing. When I run the spell checker the first time after starting
lyx, it says it doesn't find it. Then, if I try again, 2 seconds later, it
works fine. What might be the problem? If I then close lyx, and then reopen
it and try again, it works fine again. But if I log out, then log back in,
then start lyx, then run the spell checker, can't find it. Try again, it
works fine. Strange but true.

Thanks.

Alex.