Hi Toby!

I have installed everything as said on 18james but
there are no view options and when I look in
preferences there appears to be no converters for PS
or pdf or anything installed or dvi and no of my
viewers are recognised. I have run the configure
script from the command line and it seems to detect
everything but they are not avaliable to me in the
program.

Did you install Ron's Binary version or start from the scratch? I assume you have to configure them in the preferences!

Also it seems that I can not change any of the
prefrences as no of the changes can be applied or
saved.

What do you mean?

Any ideas help etc?

Could you explain more precisely?