Hi,
some of the tables and figures i inserted in my paper have quite long captions. Now there are two things i'd like to do:

1. i'd like to set the captions width to the tables/ figures width. Which package do i need and how do I set the captionwidth?

2. is there a way to tell the list of figures/ list of tables to make shorter entries (some of my tables have the source added in brackets, but i don't want this displayed in the list of tables).

Any help on this, especially for the 2. topic, is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Katrin

p.s: i am using a lyx 1.3.1 and teTeX (don't know, whether you need this information...)