Herbert Voß <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars Gullik Bjønnes schrieb:
>> Rich Shepard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> |   Thanks, Owen. I received a private reply with the same solution. As I had
>> | not needed to do this before I never went rummaging through the
>> | menus.
>> In some earlier verision of LyX centering of graphics was done
>> automatically, however we (or was it I) changed this since this is not
>> the default in LaTeX.
>
| the default is a centered caption and in 99,9% the
| user centers the image, too. So the question is,
| what is user friendly ...
| and by the way: LyX has tons of stuff which is against
| the LaTeX default ....

True, but if done the wrong way it adds clutter. (in the code)
And that was the case earlier.
The possibility to make float contents default to be centered might
come back, but only with a clean implementation.

btw. I consider most stuff where lyx do not use the latex default as a
bug... (who are we to overrule the latex documentclass)

--
        Lgb