Michael Chabon wrote:

Pardon my ignorance... I have found this, but how do I install it to use with Lyx? and once it's installed, how to I use it?

Thanks for the help.

MC

As with any package, the first thing you need to do is make it available to LaTeX. Put it somewhere inside your LaTeX distribution (on my computer this is /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ but it could be different on yours). Then run the command "texhash" (without the quotes) to update LaTeX. Note: you may need to be logged in as root/admin to do this.

Using it in LyX depends on whether it's supported by LyX. If it is, then all you have to do is click Edit->Reconfigure, then restart LyX and you can use it just like any other document class. If it isn't, then you will need to put LaTeX commands in your Preamble (in LyX 1.3.* you get there from Layout->Document). If there's any documnetation with the package, read it and see what it asks you to do. If not, try putting

\usepackage{parallel.sty}

in the preamble and see what happens.

Robin

--
"There are other rules, but you'll find out what those are when you break them."
- Blake's 7

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi