One page, couldn't make it much shoter than that. I also attached an example
bib file with just the bib entries used in the example.

So in this particular example, what I am saying would come down to the body of
the article being in the left column and the bibliography being in the right
column, since they are about the same length.

As it is right now both the text and the bibliography are each split evenly
between the columns.

Document type is Revtex 4, duplex, English language, bib style is unsrt.

Alex.

Le Jeudi 25 Septembre 2003 05:19, Matej Cepl a écrit :
> On 2003-09-24, 16:45 GMT, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> > I am writing an article in two column format. What latex seems to do, is
> > that it evens up the body of the article in the two columns real nice,
> > then it draws a cool horizontal line, and then adds the bilbiography as
> > if it was a totally different thing.
> >
> > What I want to do is for the bilbiography to be considered as a part of
> > the article, and for latex to even out the columns only at the very end.
>
> Could you please send _a short_ example file?
>
> Matej
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass revtex4
\begin_preamble
\usepackage{indentfirst}
\end_preamble
\language american
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single
\papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 2
\papersides 2
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Title

Title of the article
\layout Author

John Doe
\layout Affiliation

Institute for the study of the parallel nature of train tracks, Moronsburg
 Ohio USA
\layout Abstract

eknerrg z jjnsdv sdklvn sfdv nsdvk sdvsdknvdkkn ksdnv lknsd lklkdvieryuzgv
 auzbr mjqrlgk bAEZRUZEZ_È' ZR UHZEF IUSDCVIJ ZEZEF JKDJ_E_'_TÈ'V U UE IU
 RIU R E
\begin_inset Quotes erd
\end_inset

KJEZF EZDF UH SQSIUQS DZZAEIF EIZU XKJXWCJDZsdfkjh zezeiue cdu'
\begin_inset Quotes erd
\end_inset

éçà
\begin_inset Quotes erd
\end_inset

é hfezze ze zefh ezdfhzeifc zefoi aezz cif oiezeruiàçzçr_teriuh gijsjdi
 hziuzerui
\begin_inset Quotes erd
\end_inset

aà$$*mssddl&çr_' iz ouizef ofeihzoidhf
\layout Standard

LOS ANGELES, Sept.
 24 .
 If Hollywood executives have learned anything watching their peers in the
 music business grapple with online file sharing, it is how not to handle
 a technological revolution.
\layout Standard

While the major labels in the music industry squabbled among themselves
 about how best to deal with Internet piracy and failed to develop consumer-frie
ndly ways to buy music online, the movie industry has gone on a coordinated
 offensive to thwart the free downloading of films
\begin_inset LatexCommand \cite{Chow2000,Xie2002}

\end_inset

 before it spins out of control.
\layout Standard

This summer, night-vision goggles became a familiar fashion accessory for
 security guards at movie premieres as they searched for people in the audience
 carrying banned video recorders.
 The industry's trade association began a nationwide piracy awareness campaign
 in movie theaters and on television.
 Studios are aggressively putting electronic watermarks on movie prints
 so they can determine who is abetting the file sharing.
 And some
\begin_inset LatexCommand \cite{Araki2001,Armitage1997,Zimmermann1999}

\end_inset

 movie executives are considering whether to send out early DVD's to Academy
 Award voters, fearing the films will be distributed online.
\layout Standard

Also, as early as next month the industry will begin promoting a "stealing
 is bad" message in schools, teaming up with Junior Achievement on an hourlong
 class for fifth through ninth graders on the history of copyright law and
 the evils of online file sharing.
 The effort
\begin_inset LatexCommand \cite{Polman2001}

\end_inset

includes games like Starving Artist, in which students pretend to be musicians
 whose work is downloaded free from the Internet, and a crossword puzzle
 called Surfing for Trouble.
\layout Standard

"There is no issue in my life I take as seriously as this," said Peter Chernin,
 president
\begin_inset LatexCommand \cite{Smith1998}

\end_inset

 and chief operating officer of the News Corporation, which owns 20th Century
 Fox.
 "This is going to be with us for the rest of our careers.
 But if we remain focused on it, maybe it won't kill us and we won't have
 to panic."
\layout Standard

\begin_inset LatexCommand \BibTeX[unsrt]{/home/cabuz/lyx-1.3.2/biblioexample}

\end_inset

\the_end
@ARTICLE{Chow2000,
AUTHOR="E. Chow
and S.Y. Lin
and S.G. Johnson
and P.R. Villeneuve
and J.D. Joannopoulos
and J.R. Wendt
and G.A. Vawter
and W. Zubrzycki
and H. Hou
and A. Alleman",
YEAR="2000",
TITLE="Three-dimensional control of light in a two-dimensional photonic crystal slab",
JOURNAL="Nature",
VOLUME="407",
PAGES="983-986"}

@ARTICLE{Xie2002,
AUTHOR="Y.B. Xie
and C.W. Yuan",
YEAR="2002",
TITLE="Calculation method of quantum efficiency to TiO2 nanocrystal photocatalysis reaction",
JOURNAL="Journal of Environmental Sciences China",
VOLUME="14",
PAGES="70-75"}

@ARTICLE{Araki2001,
AUTHOR="S. Araki
and N. Henmi
and Y. Maeno
and K. Matsuda
and O. Nakakubo
and M. Shinohara
and Y. Suemura
and A. Tajima
and H. Takahashi
and S. Takahashi
and H. Koganemaru
and K. Saisho",
YEAR="2001",
TITLE="Photonic core node based on a 2.56-Terabit/s opto-electronic switching fabric",
JOURNAL="Ieice Transactions On Electronics",
VOLUME="E84C",
PAGES="485-492"}

@INBOOK{Armitage1997,
AUTHOR="J. Armitage
and O. Crochat
and J.Y. Le Boudec",
YEAR="1997",
TITLE="Design of a survivable WDM photonic network",
PAGES="3 vol. xxvi+1429",
PUBLISHER="Proceedings IEEE INFOCOM '97. The Conference on Computer Communications. Sixteenth Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies. Driving the Information Revolution (Cat. No.97CB36034). IEEE Comput. Soc. Press Los Alamitos CA USA",
ADDRESS="Design of a survivable WDM photonic network"}

@ARTICLE{Zimmermann1999,
AUTHOR="S. Zimmermann
and A. Wixforth
and J.P. Kotthaus
and W. Wegscheider
and M. Bichler",
YEAR="1999",
TITLE="A semiconductor-based photonic memory cell",
JOURNAL="Science",
VOLUME="283",
PAGES="1292-5"}

@ARTICLE{Polman2001,
AUTHOR="A. Polman
and P. Wiltzius",
YEAR="2001",
TITLE="Materials science aspects of photonic crystals",
JOURNAL="Mrs Bulletin",
VOLUME="26",
PAGES="608-610"}

@INBOOK{Smith1998,
AUTHOR="C.J.M. Smith
and L. Hobbs
and T.F. Krauss
and R.M. De La Rue
and M.D. Dawson",
YEAR="1998",
TITLE="1 mu m-scale oxide/semiconductor photonic lattice fabrication by wet oxidation methods",
PAGES="2 vol.(xvi+48+xviii+449)",
PUBLISHER="Conference Proceedings. LEOS'98. 11th Annual Meeting. IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society 1998 Annual Meeting (Cat. No.98CH36243). IEEE Piscataway NJ USA",
ADDRESS="1 mu m-scale oxide/semiconductor photonic lattice fabrication by wet oxidation methods"}