Hi.

Sorry to bore everybody once again with this issue, but after a full
machine crash I restarted from scratch and found another way to get a
"working" lyx set-up. As I don't understand all this keyboard / fonts /
encoding stuff in X11 applications, maybe this may help, maybe somebody
will explain to me where I'm wrong, who knows ... ?

The data
        - an old LyX cvs from 1.3.0pre1
        - worked perfectly on RH 7.1, [EMAIL PROTECTED] i.e. "¤" got from
<AltGr>e, ISO-8859-15 encoding and fonts.
        - machine crash + disk lost (I'd a backup, thank's ;-) ),
reinstalled with RH 9.0 (I'm not root on my machine !!! )
        - the install was "natively" in FR:UTF-8 -> impossible to get 2
applications working properly at the same time, so I asked my sysadmin to
        - everything worked well in LyX, except that I could'nt get "¤"
from the keyboard -> unknown function !!

after playing a while with LyX dbg 4, I noticed that the key was
recognized and gave "EuroSign", which failed because "!isText()".

adding :
\bind "EuroSign"                "self-insert ¤"
to bind/latinkeys.bind SOLVE the problem. (Note the ¤ after self-insert,
otherwise there is no error but ... no char added to the file either).

Note that the LyX code and install was exactly the same as before (well ,
recompiled and relinked, though). So why do I need this extra key binding
now ?  Could it harm in a "proper" system or should I submit a patch ?

Anyway, if this trick may help somebody, somewhere ...

Alain

 *        Alain Castera                                            *
 * IPNL - UCB Lyon 1             | e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
 * Bat. Paul Dirac               |      or        [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
 * Campus de la Doua             | Telephone :     (+33) 472448429 *
 * F69622 Villeurbanne CEDEX     | Fax :           (+33) 472448004 *