Hi,

I just installed Ruurd Reitsma's Win32 port of LyX 1.3.2 (based on Qt
2.3.0), including the extra fonts.  The good news is that I've got the
fonts.  The bad news is that I'm having a hard time getting certain
symbols (such as element-of and, curiously enough, the equality sign) to
display visibly.  Depending on how I set DPI and zoom, they may display
correctly, they may display incompletely (only one bar of the equation
symbol shows; element-of symbol lacks the middle bar and looks like
subset-of), or they may become invisible.  I've tinkered with the DPI and
zoom, and I can get a functional display if I'm willing to blow things up
200% or so, which is larger than even my tired eyes need.  FWIW my
monitor is running at 1024x768, 32-bit color.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to clean up the display?

My other question may be a bit off-topic.  I had to switch from fpTeX to
MiKTeX to use Ruurd's port.  When I preview my current working document
with Yap, I get one font error: "... cannot find psyr source file ...
ps2pk failed on usyr.pfb ..."  The ps2pk font map lists

psyr StandardSymL <usyr.pfb

and usyr.pfb is in MiKTeX\fonts\types\urw\symbol.

Has anyone tripped over this (or can anyone give me a clue what's up)?
Yap substitutes cm10 (I think) and displays the document, but I assume
that something's not looking quite right (haven't figured out what yet).

TIA,

-- Paul

Paul A. Rubin                                  Phone:    (517) 432-3509
Department of Management                       Fax:      (517) 432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management    E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University                      http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI  48824-1122  (USA)
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen:  whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different.                                    J. W. v. GOETHE