Hi

I am using Lyx 1.3.3 on MacOsX and very satisfied with it. I am trying to create a .layout file for a .cls one.

Though having read the Customization file in the Help menu (and most of the mailings related to layout, cls, customization, and some web sites), I still could not find the solution. From what I understood, a .layout file is an interface for Lyx to talk to Latex.

So I copied most of the .cls content into the Preamble|EndPreamble (in the .layout file). Needless to say, I still have some glitches.

I guess there should be another elegant way to do so. What are the minimum requirements for a layout to talk to latex? any examples?

thanks a lot
Hassoun