Jose' Matos wrote:

Now, when you say import from LaTex (foo.tex), Lyx will convert the file
foo.tex to foo.lyx in Lyx 1.5  format. There is still some error in
converting to format 221

What error do you get. I suspect I know but I just want to confirm that.

An error window appears saying, "Error! An error occured while running the conversion script" When this happens, a new lyx file (in Lyx 1.5 format) and a corresponding file with an extension "relyx1" is created. I could not trace where this error happens exactly. So I found the alternate - command line replacement for this final step.

- Anbu.