On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 02:53:10PM +0100, Orlando Alejo Mendez wrote:
> does anybody know why my speller doesn't work? I have Lyx v. 1.1.6 fix
> 4. and every time I invoke the spell checking, I got -after 1/2 minute-
> the following message:
> "the ispell process has died for some reason...." -see picture-
> HOwever, the command works perfectly outside the Lyx app. I hope anybody
> can help me to fix this. Thanks.

Hmm.  I seem to recall from those days that mine did the same before I
realized that "English" wasn't the same as "American" inside of Lyx.
IIRC I had to go into the document part of the settings to find this
bit of info which gets passed on to ispell.  "American" was an
unrealized scroll upwards on the list, and could be saved as the
default document setting.

HTH,

Kenward

ps. I agree with Angus about the version part, but perhaps you are
trying it out from other sources (old CD's or... ?)?  If this is true I
suspect that you'll like it, and be willing to pay the substantial
upgrade price (sic ;-) for this marvelous piece of open source
software.
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,