Jose' Matos wrote:

That is weird and those problems should be related.
The linuxdoc tools chain uses latex to make a dvi, so something is going wrong in that department.

I will try the same things on a Redhat 9 system. (Most things I try on SuSE seem to go wrong!).

On the topic of linuxdoc Jose', I am considering doing the documentation for the Aubit4GL project. They would like it available as linuxdoc (man, info, etc). So article(linuxdoc) is an obvious choice. In your opinion, would it be practical for me to

1. Write my primary documents in LyX as article so I can get the typesetting that pleases me, but confine myself to the subset of environments that article(linuxdoc) supports.

2. Write a conversion script to produce a linucdoc version of the Lyx file, and hence produce, man, info, etc versions.

best regards
John O'Gorman