Matej Cepl wrote:

What happens when you move hollywood.cls somewhere to the TeXMF tree (e.g., c:\program files\TeXLive\texmf-local\tex\latex, if your TeX distribution is TeXLive), refresh kpsepath database (there is a Start-menu item for it in TeXLive), and then run kpsewhich hollywood.cls in DOS/Shell window?
If it finds hollywood.cls, you are half way through. Start LyX and run Edit/Reconfigure. Then restart LyX and File/New from Template. Select hollywood.lyx as a template. Save under the new name and you are all set!

Matej

I moved hollywood.cls to \texmf\tex\latex (as my \texmflocal directory hasn't any texmflocal\tex\latex subdirectories) and, as I did not find "kpsepath", I run an update for the package database in the mpm (miktex package manager). After that, kpsewhich did found hollywood.cls. However, that was as far as I got. After running Edit/Reconfigure the "Latex Configuration"-helpfile didn't recongnize hollywood.cls as present/installed.

I even checked the mpm and there wasn't no hollywood package nor hollywood.cls file to be found for installing.

The MikTeX FAQ reads:

"If (for some reason) you have to install a package by hand, then you should copy the input files into the directory tex\latex\/package/ relative to the local TEXMF directory (usually C:\localtexmf\). Remember to refresh the file name database, so that MiKTeX finds the files."

I did it, but it didn't help. The mpm still don't "see" hollywood.cls.

I forgot to tell that I run Windows98SE (pity me!) and downloaded and installed MikTeX directly from miktex.org (no TeXLive CD).

--
Rafael