On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, James Frye wrote:

> I suppose this is a more of a general latex question than a Lyx-specific
> one, but I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else.  The
> question seems pretty simple, even trivial: how can I get the page number
> in the upper right corner of the page, instead of at the bottom center?
> (Our grad school requires that in a thesis>)
(snip)

I would probably do something like doing whatever makes
\paperpagestyle fancy
appear in the .lyx file, and in the preamble do something like,

\lhead{}
\chead{}
\rhead{\thepage}
\lfoot{}
\cfoot{}
\rfoot{}
\let\oldmaketitle=\maketitle
\def\maketitle{\oldmaketitle\thispagestyle{fancy}}

The last two lines make it appear on the title page too.

(How I'd make it appear on one side on odd pages and the other on even,
I'm not sure. (-:)

-- Mark