Paul Smith wrote:
I have tried the method suggested by you, but I get compiling errors. The LyX file is enclosed.

attached the correct file. With right mouse button clicking on the minipage button you can change the width of the minipage. I set it to 30% of columnwidth.

It works fine now! Thanks, Herbert! I have still a question: how can one use LyX to insert the caption inside a minipage?

- Insert->minipage (it is by default 100% of columnwidth change it with the above method - now the cursor is inside the minipage change to paragraph layout-> Caption - insert caption as usual

Herbert