I have typed a bit of a LyX document on other computer. After having
inserted on my computer (with copy+paste) what I did on the other
machine, I get very strange characters on the math mode (e.g., \partial
appears as @). Is there some way of repairing it?

In DVI file everything looks fine. I suspect that the cause is related with the screen fonts.

Well, it was my own fault. I forgot to install latex-xft-fonts-0.1.tar.gz. Even so, I can not see for instance the equal symbol. The resolution looks awful. I have tried to increase the screen DPI, but I do not notice any progress.

Any ideas?

Paul