>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>From: Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: RE: eps figures in pdflatex
>>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:11:50 +0000
>>
>>Paul A. Rubin wrote:
>>> Curious.  In Edit | Preferences | Converters, what program is being
>>> used to
>>> convert EPS to PDF (probably either convert or epstopdf)?  I find
>>> that convert works on my system (give or take some scaling issues)
>>> but epstopdf fails.
>>
>>I have found that a wrapper script that first cleans up your eps file
>>using eps2eps (epstoeps?) and then invokes epstopdf with the
>>cleaned-up file works beautifully.

Sure

>>What I find perverse is that both scripts are part of the same
>>ghostscript distribution, yet epstopdf is so much more fragile than
>>eps2eps.

The CompatibilityLevel option of gs may helt to make it more robust.

I found even a case where eps2eps failed
and importing and rexporting in xfig (which can be easily
included in a wrapper calling fig2dev on a template fig file)
was the only way out to get the BoundingBox changes work.

Forget convert to manage eps, AFAIU it will produce bitmap eps,
which is bad but for pictures.

--
Jean-Pierre