Hello Maria,

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:15:52 -0800 (PST)
"Maria Torres" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How can I make a cover page so that the page numbering starts at 2 on
> the second page, but has no number on the first? Or...if the paper is
> for a scientific report, should it have a page number on the first
> page? Thanks,

If you are using an article class, the pagenumber of the first page will
be printed. If you use a reoprt or book class and use "title",
"autor",... title settings, the printing of the pagenumber on the first
page will be supressed (counting is not affected). To achieve this
effect in article class as well, enter \thispagestyle{empty} as ERT (via
the TeX button) between the title text and your normal text (e.g. after
title, author, date if used).

hth,
Karsten