On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:23:15PM -0500, Aric Gregson wrote:
> I just realized that when I output a Lyx file to .pdf using pdflatex the
> superscripts are no longer in a smaller size font, but the same size as
> the main text. When viewed in Lyx and in the DVI output the superscripts
> are of a smaller font.
>
> Is there some way to force the .pdf output to look the same as in Lyx
> and DVI?

Maybe we need some more info...

I realized a similar behaviour (small vs. big indices) when using ^M to
get "text in math" (e.g. ^M MTF_^Mgeo ESC).

With the Use_AMS button clicked in Layout>Document>Packages, everything is
OK, without, the geo comes out too large.

A stable solution is to use Layout>Character>Roman instead the "text in
math" toggle (e.g. ^M MTF_ Alt-cr geo ESC)

("text in math" is translated to \textrm{something} while Alt-c r is
translated to \mathrm{something})

Maybe these get interpreted differently in latex and pdflatex?

Guenter

G.Milde at web.de