[posted and mailed]

Robert Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>> > I recently changed from Lyx 1.20 to 1.30. Lyx 1.30 seems to print
rat
> her
>> > the latex code like "\Rightarrow" or "cdot" on the screen instead of
> "=>"
>> > or the dot.
>> > I prefer the sign but I found no option to change this.
>> > Can anybody help me?
>
>> try any of these:
>> http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/LyX/Troubleshooting
>
> I didn't help me. As far as I understand it, it is a question of
>  "philosophie" whether one prefers a written "Rightarrow" or a Sign
like
>  "=>".
> (When I open the 1.30 file with 1.20, the "=>" appears, so it is no
bug)
> Robert

Versions 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 display a right arrow (as opposed to the LaTeX
\Rightarrow) in math mode.  So it's not a philosophical change on the
part of the programmers, it's probably an installation issue.

Newer versions of LyX use Qt for the GUI, whereas older versions used
xforms.  People have reported various problems with getting symbols to
display, and the solution in some cases is to install additional fonts
(covered on the Wiki page).  My impression, though, is that the font
issues manifest as incorrect or missing symbols in equations, not LaTeX
commands being written out verbatim.

It might help if you could post a small example.  Also, does this occur
with all math symbols, or do some display graphically while others
display as text?

-- Paul