On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:23:54PM +0000, Sung Nae Cho wrote:

> How do you make new chapter or appendix automatically starting a new
> page?

well, we don't, its the LaTeX class that does it.

> I am trying to make new chapter to continue from the same pages
> similar to how the sections behave.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  I am using the Koma-script.  Thank you very much in advance.

Unfortunately, chapters always (and in all classes I know of) start on new
pages.

But how about using sections only with the article class?
Then a section is top level (e.g. 1 Introduction instead of 0.1
Introduction) but doesnot start a new page.

Choose
   Format>Document>Documentclass: article (koma-script)
(or something in that line, my LyX speaks German) and change the section
headings (chapter -> section; section -> subsection; ...)

Günter

G.Milde at web.de