Hi,

I know, the latex-preview topic is really a FAQ but I can't find the proper solution ...

After installing the preview package(and running texhash), I tried to use it without success. Actually, I get:
shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
chdir: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
(./6lyxpreview.tex
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>
Babel <v3.7h> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, b
asque, italian, portuges, russian, spanish, nohyphenation, loaded.

This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2004.04.15:1609' -> 6lyxpreview.ps
<texc.pro><f7b6d320.enc><aae443f0.enc><texps.pro><special.pro>. <cmmi10.pfb>
<cmr10.pfb>[1]
Previews generated!

I cannot find what directory lyx cannot get ! My temporary directory is fully reachable and exploring it, I found some [0-9]lyxpreview.metrics files but nothing else.
Obviously I tried to reconfigure lyx, in preferences I defined the preview->ppm and a preview->png converters. I also looked at the lyxpreview2bitmap.sh script and found some possible arguments that I tried ... but nothing really happens !

Any hint ?

--
 Dr. Nicolas Ferré
 Laboratoire de Chimie Théorique et de Modélisation Moléculaire