Any help is appreciated.

If you have no idea about siamltex, could you recommend a good simple document class
that can be installed into lyx and contains all the theorem, lemma and proof ...
environments? I don't like AMS document class for some reasons. Just want something
simple as default article class + those maths enviroments.

If you have tried siamltex article class, you may want to continue.

I am having some problems of using siamltex document class.

First, I downloaded siamltex.tar from www.siam.org and texhashed them into the
database. Then I downloaded siamltex.layout 1.7 and put them into $HOME/.lyx/layouts/.
After that I reconfigured the lyx and it found siamltex class with yes, no complain.

But when I tried to write articles using siamltex document class, I encountered two
problems:
1. Latex compiler seems to have problems with table of contents created by siamltex
document class. The error message is Undefined control sequence \tableofcontents {}.
2.Though I could set the environment change in lyx while writing a paper, i.e. changes
for theorem, lemma , proof..., they all disappear when I view them in xdvi. I checked
corresponding .tex file generated by lyx and found out that those environment
definitions are not inserted into tex file. I guess this might be the reason why xdvi
couldn't display them properly.

If I switch to article (AMS) document class, all those problems are gone.

My machine is dell inspiron 8200. OS is linux redhat8.0. Lyx version is 1.3.3 and
latex version (according to latex configuration file generated by lyx) is 2000/06/01.
And I am not very good at latex.

Wayne