On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

> Aarrgh!

I know exactly what you mean...

> >     http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Playground/Robin
>
> I can edit this with no problem.

That was expected.

> > Then maybe you could try and see if you can
> > edit a page with a lot of content at a different site, i.e.
> >
> >     http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Test/LotsOfText
>
> I can edit this, as well.  In fact, it's a copy of the page I'm trying
> to edit on the LyX Wiki.

Ok (also expected, and yes, I simply copied the InstantPreviwe-page to a
different wiki server -- www.pmichaud.com)

> So it does not appear to be a question of the amount of text.

Actually, I think it *is* a matter of the amount of text. The page above
was on a different server. Here's a link to another page on the lyx wiki
with lots of text (you shouldn't be able to edit this either):

        http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/SiteTest/LotsOfText

Just for fun, try and remove more and more text from this page and
suddenly you should be able to save it -- not that this is any practical
solution....

Do you have some router/gateway at home that might be involved in this? As
I've said before, I've had this problem intermittently and I have a DI-714
(I think). Or maybe it's some router/gateway in your network path?

> Using a browser on a remote system did work.  I have no idea why, of course.

This seems to be a problem that only happens when you:
* Do the save from some network (unknown what the characteristics are)
* The page contains more text than some unknown limit

Maybe there is something in the network path that doesn't like posting
data over a certain size?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström                           http://www.md.kth.se/~chr