>>Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
>>From: Rich Shepard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Re: Clearing headers and page numbers in report
>>
>>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jean-Pierre.Chretien wrote:
>>
>>> Here is what I use (in the preamble, there are active @s as it is
>>> patched in a variant of the report class):
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>   \hbox{}
>>>   \vspace*{\fill}
>>> ~
>>>   \vspace{\fill}
>>>   \thispagestyle{empty}
>>>   \newpage
>>>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[...]

>>  When I put the above, verbatim, in the preamble, it makes no difference. I
>>still have the ERT of \newpage and \mbox{ } because if I take them out I
>>lose the blank, left page.
>>
>>  What have I missed?

Did you insert in ERT \clearemptydoublepage{} ?
This command is supposed to *repace* your own commands to provide blank pages.
BTW, mind the ~: without it, it won't work (\clearpage ignores
emply pages). You may as well replace it by a marker if requested, like
{\centering EMPTY PAGE}

--
Jran-Pierre