>>Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:13:39 -0700
>>From: Kenward Vaughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Re: References
>>
>>On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:00:51PM +0200, Roland Schmitz wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> this is one of the features i like in word, every chapter, figure, ... is
>>> automaticly in the list of references.
>>
>>Perhaps someone could add that as a setup choice, but I'd personally
>>rather have a less bloated file.

Sure, the problem is worse: dis you ever try to edit the resulting list,
or the toc (e.g for multipart docs) ?

Any operation (including print) reexecutes the macro and wipes out your changes,
and it's always when the document is due yesterdeay that you discover this.

With (La)TeX I may edit the toc, lof, lot securely. if really needed.

IMHO, forget applications which think for you.

--
Jean-Pierre