Hello everyone,

I've been using LyX for a few months, but this is my first posting to the list. I'm writing a Ph.D. thesis in physics of about 150 pages in 7-8 chapters plus appendices, etc. There are obviously lots of equations, images, and figures. I've made 1 file for each chapter to keep it manageable and a master file with include statements. I only want one bibliography at the end. I also use BibTex and NatBib. And now I have some questions :) (I apologise if these have been asked here before)

1. How can I do appendix style numbering?
I'd like to number the appendix pages as A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2, etc. (I've worked out that I can use ERT: \setcounter{page}{1} and found a description opf how to do roman numerals for the TOC, but how do you prefix the number with an 'A-'?)

2. How to make line spacing different for different sections?
The thesis needs to be double spaced, but that looks really silly in the table of contents and bibliography. How do I specify single spacing for those sections?

3. Language problems:
When I paste a block from one document to another, I sometimes get blue underline, which I've read signifies a foreign language. I can turn off the notification in the Preferences, but I still get the error message:
'Package babel Error: You haven't loaded the option english yet.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]' I have selected English in Document settings and preferences.
Ideas?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Henrik