On Aug 16, 2004, at 10:38 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

"Nirmal" == Nirmal Govind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Nirmal> Hi.. I'm trying to include the \thanks in the author field but Nirmal> get a couple of errors related to extra brackets. Attached is Nirmal> a sample lyx file. Please let me know what the best way to do Nirmal> this would be..

Just use a footnote, it should do the right thing.

Just using a footnote doesn't work with the memoir class -- I've always had to use "\thanks{...}" there, which works just fine. (Is this a LyX bug? -- should I report it?)

Bennett