For near a year I have bad success importing tex files into lyx. (I am now
retrieving latest CVS to give it a try instead of using official
releases.)

I have a variety of documents that I want to edit with lyx (I don't care
to keep the old formats), such as nroff, tex, html, and docbook.

Since I can't get tex nor html to be imported, I am now trying docbook.

The first problem is my docbook files (as created by doclifter) are named
with .xml extension, and the File->Import-DocBook... interface says:
"*.sgml". So I manually type in name.

Then I get a bunch of errors, like:

 /usr/pkg/bin/jade:<OSFD>0:229:5:E: element "PARA" undefined
 /usr/pkg/bin/jade:<OSFD>0:233:12:E: element "PRODUCTNAME" undefined
 /usr/pkg/bin/jade:<OSFD>0:235:12:E: element "PRODUCTNAME" undefined
 /usr/pkg/bin/jade:<OSFD>0:237:12:E: element "PRODUCTNAME" undefined
 Processing strlcpy.html
 FILE: Unable to access strlcpy.html
 reLyX directory is: /usr/pkg/share/lyx/reLyX
 reLyX, the LaTeX to LyX translator. Revision date 2003/01/20

 Reading LaTeX command syntax

 Can't find input file
 /home/reed/book/unix-programming-by-open-source-example/strlcpy.tex

 Compilation failed in require at /usr/pkg/bin/reLyX line 78.
 Exited due to fatal Error!

And the LyX popup says:

 Cannot convert file

 Error while executing
 reLyX -f 'strlcpy.tex'

I have tried numerous tools for converting to different formats, but I can
never get lyx to import.

Any suggestions on how to get lyx to open any other formats other than
plain text? (I don't know noweb yet.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

                         open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
                         http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/