Paul Smith wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:01:55 +0200, Andre Poenitz

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> > 1)  I am still unsure how to include *LyX* macros into a LyX
>> > document.
>>
>> There are ways to do so, but the short answer is: Don't.
>>
>> The current macro implementation is simply wrong in some areas and
>> breaks completely in the presence of multiple buffers. So as a rule of
>> thumb when using macros: Open only one document at a time, and define
>> all macros within this document.
>
> Maybe, I am missing the point, but, up to now, I have not experienced
> any problem with copying and pasting LyX macros from a LyX document to
> another one.

Your missing the point.

LyX macros are currently defined globally. That means that if you define a
macro in one document and then open another, it will appear as if the
macro works in the second doc. It doesn't, of course, because the macro is
not exported to the latex, nor is it saved as part of the second doc.
Further, if you have two macros "foo", one in each doc, then one will be
obscured by the other.

Totally broken.

--
Angus