Thanks for the tip; I simply installed the font files in LyX.app/Contents/Resources/Fonts, and now it works!
(I installed by double-clicking on each font file, and then choosing "install font" - of some strange reason the font file has been removed from the original location, but it works, so I'm happy)

/Peter Ljunglöf

I wrote:

BUT: there's another problem now: Math symbols becomes garbage! I've tried several fonts and sizes, and the result is the same. The old version (1.3.4) still works fine. (Note: it's just the LyX window that looks strange -- the LaTeX code and the dvi files are just fine).

Stephen Buonopane and Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Stephen> This is a problem that many have been experiencing on
Stephen> Lyx/Mac. In my case it happens in both 1.3.4 and 1.3.5. There
Stephen> are some workarounds that involve copying some font files
Stephen> from Lyx.app bundle to your user/Library/Fonts directory.
Stephen> Search the lyx-users list and also lyx-devel there should be
Stephen> more detailed instructions. Unfortunately they are not
Stephen> foolproof...in my case it did not work. Good luck, Steve

Jean-Marc> Note that we have a tentative patch for this problem, and hopefully
Jean-Marc> 1.3.5 will be updated soon-ish.

--- Peter Ljunglöf ------------ PhD student, Göteborg University ------
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -------- http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~peb --------