On 25.09.04, José Abílio Oliveira Matos wrote:

>   Then what will you call to that time when I tried to do the same for lyx
> instead of latex? ;-)
>
>   Why doesn't lyx behaves lyx any other format? What does make it so
> special? ;-)

Quite regularely I want to edit the LyX source in my favourite text editor
(jed) to do things like a regexp-replace across math.

Setting jed as viewer for LyX files did not work, though. Even my attempt to
introduce a mock-fileformat lyx-source with cat as converter failed.

Just now, I have to save, find the file from the external editor and after
editing to do File>Reload.

I assume, File>Reload was never made for external changes:
Reload will not work until I change something in my document. Then it prompts
   Document changed. Save? [Yes] No
I have to set this to no, as I do not want to overwrite the external
changes. Then importing works.

Does anyone know of a smarter solution?
I thought about using the lyx server and started a python script but work
stalled due to other projects.

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de