Andre Poenitz schrieb:

I think this laywer is plainly wrong or there was a mistake in
translating "Urheberrecht" into "Copyright" or whatever.

You are right and thanks for your further explanation in the previous mail. I misunderstood the lawyer, the creator is always the "Urheber" (copyright holder) (altough he has not always the right to license it).

If found a good page describing this issue (in german):

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemeinfrei

I originally asked the lawyer what happens if one publishes something
without putting it under a license. And as I understood it:
Everybody can use it  for free. The "Urheber" can put it under a license
or permit the useage later at any time, but not retroactive. That means
the usage is in any case free if it is published without restrictions or
license.
I hope I understood it right. But as this topic seems to be very
difficult also for lawyers, I won't be liable for this statement.

But anyway, I tried to contact the author of csv2lyx, but got no reply.
So I don't know if we can put it on lyx.org.
Any suggestions?

thanks and regards
Uwe